This page shows the frequently asked questions and their answers from the participants. As this page is new it will grow over the time. Hence, it worth to came back regular.


Q: Is there any scholarship available for the Int. Summer School on Radar/SAR?
A: Unfortunately there is no scholarship available for the Int. Summer School on Radar/SAR. As the registration fee is only 500,00 Euro for students this can be seen as a financial support. Keep in mind that nearly all costs are included in this fee (lodging and meals). We are not seeking to earn money from this event. You might recognize, looking at the 'small' registration fee, that there is nearly no budget left to sponsor any students. Even the PhD-student registration fee does not cover the whole expenses (tutors, location, lodging, local transportation, ...). Hence, there is nearly no possibility to offer any scholarship.

Q: Is there any discount by removing some options like daily food or other choices?
A: No. All Summer School participants stay at Haus Humboldtstein. If you deserve special meals treatments, like vegetarian or gluten-free, this can be highlighted after one has received the confirmation and General Information Package (GIP).

Q: I have checked at the webpage that also a certificate for admission to university is necessary for application. I am not a student at the moment, I have a master degree and work as an assistant researcher in an institute, but my research area is focused on Radar/SAR.
A: The Summer School is open for all. That means, students, PhD-students, and young scientist (... from university and industry) are encouraged to join the Summer School to learn more about Radar and SAR technology and signal processing. Just provide as many information on you as we need to get a positive feeling that you fit into the group of attendees (e.g. what is your interest in the Summer School, what is your background - is there a change of understanding the presented material or not? These questions has to be answer.)

Q: What does the "certificate for admission to university" refer to?
A: Just provide your diplomas. That should be enough for us to see where your interests are. Just keep in mind that all requested documents should help us to understand your motivation attending the Summer School and what is your background (this is to see if you are able to understand the presented material ;-) ).

Q: Will the International Summer School attendees credited by ETCS points.
A: As we are not cooperating with the European Commission for Education & Training you will not receive any credit points. However, attending the International Summer School on Radar/SAR will give you unique experiences, for instance learning with a group of international young scientists or building up connections to well-known experts from around the world.

Q: Why do you need a passport or ID-card?
A: The passport/ID-card is to confirm your home address and to have a passport photograph. Further more this document will be useful for us in the case of not paying the registration fee.

Q: When does the participants receive the General-Information-Package (GIP)?
A: The GIP package, which has further information on the summer school location and hints to travel, will be send to the participants shortly after they received the confirmation.

Q: Will the bill send to me only by surface-mail?
A: Our financial department prefers the old-fashion way (surface-mail), which is not always a good solution. We try hard to overcome this problem and send the bill also by e-mail. This will take a few days longer to bring the bill on its way but will work for some countries better

Q: Do I need a VISA and what documents will be provided?
A: If you need a VISA you should apply for it way in advance, because the processing of your documents may take a while. To see if you need a VISA, please check the official web-site of the German embassy:
German missions abroad: This database is run by Germany's Federal Foreign Office (Auswärtiges Amt) and tells you exactly who to contact with any questions regarding visas and entry.
Visa regulations: The websites of the Federal Foreign Office also contain detailed information on the visa process and on entry to Germany as well as application forms in various languages for downloading.
The only document we are allowed to send you is a "letter of confirmation", which is sufficient in most cases.

Last update: 01. December 2014